- I put myself out there. Personally on Facebook, professionally on Twitter. LinkedIn, well, not so much but it just follows Twitter. So far, I haven’t been sued, slandered upon, or embarrassed. Still, I’ve only been at this for two years.
- I’ve found some real interesting people who know what they’re talking about. And, even if I don’t agree with them, it opens up a discourse in the name of a shared interest. No back and forth emails between just the two of us but, rather, a global conversation. I like it.
- There are some odd folks out there. Those with tens of thousands of tweets, following lots of people but zero followers. You’ve got to keep your guard up.
- I would classify myself as an “early adopter” but, with respect to social networking, I’ve got some catching up to do. Technology is not the issue but, rather, consistently challenging the creative person within.
- Finally, I am pushing the envelope with those with whom I work. Yeah, there are risks but failure to at least try would be disadvantageous to all.
What social networking risks have you taken? Respond in the comments section!